Chili-Cumin Bean Salad Recipe
"A gal at work shared this interesting bean salad with me a few years ago," notes Michelle Smith of Running Springs, California. "It has lots texture and gets a little kick from the chili powder and cumin without being too hot. It's a nice favorite at our family gatherings. For a hearty change of pace, serve it in a tortilla with slices of grilled chicken breast."
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, hominy, beans, onion and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 140 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chili-Cumin Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC