Chili Cornmeal Crescents Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the cornmeal, sugar, egg, oil, chili powder, salt, and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting with wide end. Place on greased baking sheet; curve into a crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for about 20 minutes or until browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 129 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Chili Cornmeal Crescents
"These were very good with the exception of I could not taste much of the chili. Could have been my chili powder. I will try a chili paste next time. Will make again. Great with a steaming hot bowl of Chili."