- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and chili powder. In a small bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, oil, onion and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chili Corn Muffins in Country June/July 1995, p49
Reviews for Chili Corn Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2013
Sooo good!!! My husband thought they were great, also. Went so well with the Green Bean, Potato Bake that we had tonight. We see why both of these were contest winners.