Chili Corn Dip
This recipe came from friends who live in Australia. The unusual "Down Under" dip goes over big here in the North East!Judy Ward, Centereach, New York
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Place corn in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely
- chopped. In a large skillet, saute onion and chili powder in butter
- for 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add corn and cheddar cheese;
- cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the bacon, sour cream and pepper. Serve
- warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.