Chili Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. Sprinkle a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with 1 tablespoon of cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, combine the salt, baking soda and remaining cornmeal.
- 2. In another bowl, beat eggs; add corn, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Layer with beef, cheese, chilies and onion. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 420 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread
"Very easy to prepare. However, I found it to be a bit bland tasting. I think if I make it again I would use half ground beef and half sausage."