Chili Corn Bread Wedges Recipe
With a little help from a boxed mix and a can of green chilies, you'll have no trouble baking a pan of this sweet moist corn bread. Serve these thick slices alongside bowls of your family's favorite soup or chili. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1. Place corn bread mix in a large bowl. Combine the milk, egg, chilies and sugar; stir into corn bread mix just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 wedge equals 165 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread Wedges
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC