A co-worker brought this wonderful dish to a potluck several years ago. She had copies of the recipe next to the pan. Now I make it for get-togethers and also supply copies of the recipe. I never have any leftover salad or recipes. -Kelly Newsom, Jenks, Oklahoma
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sage. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chili Corn Bread Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p27
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review