Chili Corn Bread Recipe
Our daughter made this recipe for a 4-H food show and won a blue ribbon. It's so simple to prepare, even on hurried, hectic days. We like to eat these squares with sour cream and salsa. - Tracy Johnson, Canyon, Texas
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Sprinkle a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with 1 tablespoon of cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, combine the salt, baking soda and remaining cornmeal.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add corn, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Layer with beef, cheese, chilies and onion. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chili Corn Bread in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p88
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2011
Very easy to prepare. However, I found it to be a bit bland tasting. I think if I make it again I would use half ground beef and half sausage.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cornbread Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Bread Recipes >