Chili Coney Dogs Recipe
Everyone in our family, from smallest kids to oldest adults, loves these hot dogs. They're so easy to throw together in the morning, or even the night before. —Michele Harris, Vicksburg, Michigan
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, relish and chopped onion
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion and seasonings.
- 2. Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with beef mixture. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve on buns with toppings as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 371 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 992 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC