Chili Coney Dogs Recipe
Everyone in our family, from smallest kids to oldest adults, loves these hot dogs. They're so easy to throw together in the morning, or even the night before. —Michele Harris, Vicksburg, Michigan
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese, relish and chopped onion, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion and spices.
- 2. Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve on buns with cheese, relish and onion if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 371 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 992 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC