Everyone in our family, from smallest kids to oldest adults, loves these hot dogs. They're so easy to throw together in the morning, or even the night before. —Michele Harris, Vicksburg, Michigan
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, relish and chopped onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion and seasonings.
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with beef mixture. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve on buns with toppings as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chili Coney Dogs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p62
Reviews for Chili Coney Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review