Chili Coney Dogs Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese, relish and chopped onion, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion and spices.
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve on buns with cheese, relish and onion if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chili Coney Dogs(25)
Sort By :
Being the author of this recipe, I'm delighted to know so many people are enjoying it. I'm also glad to know that many of you have changed it to make it your own. Recipes should be versatile. Some people didn't like the extra liquid, but in Kalamazoo there is a Coney Island that is over a hundred years old and I based my recipe on theirs. The Coney sauce is served with a slotted spoon. I just wanted something similar to serve at home. Thank you for all the wonderful feedback! Michele Harris, Vicksburg, MI
This is my go to recipe for coney dogs. I never change a thing and it always turns out perfectly. I never, ever have leftovers and have given out the recipe several times. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
If you like to eat this by picking the bun, don't use any water. The consistency is perfect without it. This recipe was a big hit at camp last week and I'll definitely make again.
Added some brown sugar as suggested by another review and par boiled some Italian sausage and added them too and OH SO GOOD!
This recipe is so easy and absolutely delicious - even my husband who doesn't like hot dogs agrees. I can't wait to make it again! I have printed it off and also forwarded it to friends and family to share.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Hot Dogs >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >