Chili con Queso Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped tomato and sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until tender. Add chilies; cook and stir 5 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in cheeses, adding in small amounts and allowing cheese to melt between additions. Serve warm with chips. If desired, top with tomato and jalapeno. Yield: 24 servings (2 tablespoons each).
2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chili con Queso
"different & good"
"Also reducing the milk amount will help the watery-ness. Good flavor though!"
"A bit too watery. Drain the chiles if possible and cut the butter to 1 tbsp. this may help. Otherwise very tasty. Could use Rotel instead of the chiles or add some chopped jalapeño to add the kick you want. Very nice and open to customizations which is nice. Will definitely try again come Superbowl time."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.