Chili con Queso Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until tender. Add chilies; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in cheeses and milk, adding small amounts at a time and allowing cheese to melt between additions. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 24 servings (2 tablespoons each).
2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chili con Queso
"different & good"
"Also reducing the milk amount will help the watery-ness. Good flavor though!"
"A bit too watery. Drain the chiles if possible and cut the butter to 1 tbsp. this may help. Otherwise very tasty. Could use Rotel instead of the chiles or add some chopped jalapeño to add the kick you want. Very nice and open to customizations which is nice. Will definitely try again come Superbowl time."