"My husband created this thick, cheesy Southwestern dip by adapting a recipe he found in a cookbook," reports Patricia Leinheiser of Albuquerque, New Mexico, "It's excellent."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Tortilla chips
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add chilies; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add small amounts of cheeses and milk; stir until melted after each addition. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chili Con Queso in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili con Queso
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review