Chili con Queso with Chips
This cheesy dip never lets on that it has only 2 g of fat per serving. Chilies and garlic kick up the flavor, making it a real crowd pleaser. Sarah Mohrman of Fort Wayne, Indiana shares the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- Pour both cans of tomatoes into a colander over a small bowl; drain,
- reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Discard remaining liquid or save for
- another use.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add the
- tomatoes, process cheese, chili powder and reserved liquid. Cook and
- stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in cilantro.
- Keep warm; serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 66 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,