- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- Pour both cans of tomatoes into a colander over a small bowl; drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Discard remaining liquid or save for another use.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add the tomatoes, process cheese, chili powder and reserved liquid. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in cilantro.
- Keep warm; serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili con Queso with Chips
Sort By :
Did not care for the cream cheese taste. Will not make again.
This was fantastic and so easy! Much better than just velveeta and rotel! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/11/chili-con-queso-dip.html
Made this today to have in fridge for guests dropping by on weekend. Very delicious with a little 'twang' from cream cheese. I found that it needed all the juice from drained tomatoes. I used (2) 14 oz cans diced and added one small can of green chilis. Also at end, I had on hand ground chicken I had cooked earlier and added it to recipe giving it bulk and protein. I tasted it prior to adding meat to give an honest review. Will definitely make this again for superbowl party and other events. It was still quite thick adding all the tomato juice, so thinning some with more tomato juice is an option. Again, very good, hearty, tasty dip for 2 grams of fat.
This is an awesome dip! I've made it a few times and there is never any left. I serve it with hot pretzels and tortilla chips. Definitely give it a try, it will not disappoint. Plus it is super easy!
This is great. Can't stop eating it.
These get bad reviews when people give a review and don't click on the stars or hit yes or no for if they will make again. Read the instructions people.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Dip >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Cheese Dip >
- Mexican Dip >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >