This cheesy dip never lets on that it has only 2 g of fat per serving. Chilies and garlic kick up the flavor, making it a real crowd pleaser. Sarah Mohrman of Fort Wayne, Indiana shares the recipe.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- Pour both cans of tomatoes into a colander over a small bowl; drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid. Discard remaining liquid or save for another use.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add the tomatoes, process cheese, chili powder and reserved liquid. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in cilantro.
- Keep warm; serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chili con Queso Dip in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili con Queso with Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review