Chili con Queso El Dorado Recipe
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chilies and chipotle peppers; cook 2 minutes longer. Gradually stir in milk; heat through.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper sauce. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.