- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chilies and chipotle peppers; cook 2 minutes longer. Gradually stir in milk; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper sauce. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Chili con Queso El Dorado in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p88
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chili con Queso El Dorado
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2012
Made this last week and the whole family loved it.