I can count on a roomful of smiles whenever I make this---and it couldn't be easier!—Tammy Leiber, Navasota, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomato sauce, green chilies, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder if desired and garlic powder; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Chili Con Queso Dip in Country Ground Beef 1993, p6
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili con Queso Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review