Chili con Queso Artichokes Recipe
"Here's an easy, cheesy artichoke appetizer that I just love," says Kori Tuggle, marketing manager for Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, California. "Our artichoke fields are a stop on Taste of Home's Slice of California tour. We look forward to showing the travelers how easy it is to cook and enjoy this thorny, odd-looking little vegetable!"
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the tops. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Place artichokes in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily.
- 2. Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes. With a grapefruit spoon, carefully remove the fuzzy centers and discard.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the cheese, evaporated milk and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring twice. Stir in cilantro. Gently spread artichoke leaves apart; fill with cheese mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
1/4 cup: 157 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Chili con Queso Artichokes
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC