Chili con Queso Artichokes Recipe
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the tops. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Place artichokes in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily.
- 2. Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes. With a grapefruit spoon, carefully remove the fuzzy centers and discard.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the cheese, evaporated milk and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring twice. Stir in cilantro. Gently spread artichoke leaves apart; fill with cheese mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
1/4 cup: 157 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Chili con Queso Artichokes
"Delicious appetizer, very messy but worth it!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.