Chili con Queso Artichokes Recipe
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the tops. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Place artichokes in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily.
- 2. Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes. With a grapefruit spoon, carefully remove the fuzzy centers and discard.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the cheese, evaporated milk and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring twice. Stir in cilantro. Gently spread artichoke leaves apart; fill with cheese mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 157 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Chili con Queso Artichokes
"Delicious appetizer, very messy but worth it!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.