Chili con Chorizo Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. Crumble chorizo into a large saucepan; add the peppers, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain.
- 2. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, wine, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup calculated without rice and cilantro: 355 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1294mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Chili con Chorizo
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.