Chili con Chorizo Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Crumble chorizo into a large saucepan; add the peppers, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain.
- Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, wine, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now