Chili con Chorizo Recipe
We love to eat chili, whether it's vegetarian or with some kind of meat. This recipe was created because I a friend of mine gave me some chorizo to try and I decided to try it in my chili recipe. Most supermarkets carry chorizo, but if it's not available, I found that kielbasa is is a good substitution. Debbie Limas, North Andover, Massachusetts
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Crumble chorizo into a large saucepan; add the peppers, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain.
- Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, wine, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili con Chorizo in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chili con Chorizo(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >