- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined.
- Add tomatoes and reserved beef. Stir in bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Chili con Carne
Sort By :
I love this Chili Con Carne. I think this not Texas Chili. Texas chili is not called Con Carne. Too bad some people don,t know the difference. I like it both ways.
justjinn, It's called Chili con Carne... "Chili with beans"!!
No beans in Chili! The Texas Food God will strike you down .
Its the perfect Chili!! I added more Beans the second time.
Absolutely wonderful! Richly textured and spiced - it's perfect!