Chili con Carne Recipe
At chili suppers, this one always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. —Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined.
- 3. Add tomatoes and reserved beef. Stir in bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC