Chili Chops Recipe
These chops make a delicious meal. They're a definite favorite at our house. I like to serve them over rice along with fresh-from-the-oven corn bread.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 green pepper rings
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil; drain. Remove the chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine soup, beans, onion, chili powder and garlic powder in the same skillet. Arrange chops over the soup mixture. Cover and bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until the chops are tender. Top each with a green pepper ring. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC