Michael Dobrowski of Reno, Nevada notes, "For busy days, I keep convenient pantry items on hand to spice up chicken breasts. While they bake, I can do other things. With a green salad and French bread, this makes a hearty meal my family enjoys."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour and 5 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- Place chicken in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with
- tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spoon chili
- over each chicken breast; bake 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese;
- return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free chili and reduced-fat cheddar) equals 311 calories, 589 mg sodium, 69 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 37 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now