Chili Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 1. Place chicken in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spoon chili over each chicken breast; bake 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese; return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free chili and reduced-fat cheddar) equals 311 calories, 589 mg sodium, 69 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 37 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.