Chili Chicken Sandwiches
“My husband tells me that these are a guy's type of sandwich. I love that! We serve them when we have friends come over to watch a game on TV. It's also great for a quick family dinner when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.” —Dena Peterson, LaPorte, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hard rolls
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the
- chicken, cheddar cheese, chilies, onions and seasonings.
- Cut top fourths off of rolls; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving
- 1/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill
- bottom portions with chicken mixture; replace tops.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until
- golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 659 calories, 40 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.