Chili Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
“My husband tells me that these are a guy's type of sandwich. I love that! We serve them when we have friends come over to watch a game on TV. It's also great for a quick family dinner when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.” —Dena Peterson, LaPorte, Texas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hard rolls
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the chicken, cheddar cheese, chilies, onions and seasonings.
- 2. Cut top fourths off of rolls; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill bottom portions with chicken mixture; replace tops.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 659 calories, 40 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC