Chili Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hard rolls
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the chicken, cheddar cheese, chilies, onions and seasonings.
- 2. Cut top fourths off of rolls; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill bottom portions with chicken mixture; replace tops.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 659 calories, 40g fat (23g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein
Reviews for Chili Chicken Sandwiches
"Enjoyed the flavor of these sandwiches. Great over rice as well."
"My husband says I must make these again! I did omit the red pepper flakes and used canned chicken instead of fresh. It was really good!"
"Really good. When I make it again, I will make it as a dip and shred the chicken and eat it with a dark rye."
"We tried it, didn't care for it at all. It might be good without the green chile, but it was not something I would make again as it is."
"This was GREAT! I toasted the buns & just heated the meat mixture on the stove then added it to the toasted buns so I didn't have to heat the oven. YUMMY!"
"This had a wonderful flavor but didn't have the heat my family craves. Next time will turn it up a notch by adding a couple of tablespoons of chopped jalapeno."
"I used french bread instead of the hard rolls. Was like a chicken grilled cheese sandwich. Yum! Will definitely be making again."
"Great Sandwiches! I make the receipe for my husband and I and freeze half of it. It's great to pull out of the freezer and stick it in the fridge early in the morning to defrost for dinner that night."
"Delicious. I brought the leftovers to the office for lunch the next day and shared with all my co-workers. They ALL wanted the recipe. Hearty and simple."