Chili Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hard rolls
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the chicken, cheddar cheese, chilies, onions and seasonings.
- Cut top fourths off of rolls; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill bottom portions with chicken mixture; replace tops.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chili Chicken Sandwiches(9)
Sort By :
My husband says I must make these again! I did omit the red pepper flakes and used canned chicken instead of fresh. It was really good!
Really good. When I make it again, I will make it as a dip and shred the chicken and eat it with a dark rye.
We tried it, didn't care for it at all. It might be good without the green chile, but it was not something I would make again as it is.
This was GREAT! I toasted the buns & just heated the meat mixture on the stove then added it to the toasted buns so I didn't have to heat the oven. YUMMY!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >