- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to pan.
- Stir in the chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted.
- Combine chicken and 3/4 cup sauce. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 enchiladas.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili Chicken Enchiladas
"I thought this was just okay. The sauce tastes exactly like the sour cream sauce from On The Border. I know that most people love it, but I guess it's just not for me."
"Very good...I doubled all the ingredients and substituted cumin for the coriander."
"Delicious! I double the recipe for a 9X 13 pan."
"I added some chopped jalapenos as we like dishes a bit spicy. I really thought it was easy though and will certainly make it again."
"This recipe is easy, filling, delicious and one I'll always hang onto!"
"This is my absolute favorite Enchilada recipe!!! Love it!"
"Great enchiladas! Good for us, as they only make four which is plenty for just two of us. I boiled one large bone-in chicken breast half, and it yielded just enought meat for the recipe, so they're economical too. Easy to put together....delicious....love this recipe!"
"Delicious and easy to make. Prep time took a little longer than the stated 20 minutes, but definitely worth it."
"I added a shake of red pepper. Used swiss cheese (that was all I had). Everyone loved this recipe. Will make more and put in the freezer for a busy day!"