Chili Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to pan.
- Stir in the chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted.
- Combine chicken and 3/4 cup sauce. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 enchiladas.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili Chicken Enchiladas(6)
Sort By :
This was yummy!!! I even forgot to get coriander at the store and made it without it. Can't wait to see what kind of flavor it adds! Yummy! I got a roisterer chicken at the store for the chopped cooked chicken.
Delicious! I double the recipe for a 9X 13 pan.
I added some chopped jalapenos as we like dishes a bit spicy. I really thought it was easy though and will certainly make it again.
This recipe is easy, filling, delicious and one I'll always hang onto!
This is my absolute favorite Enchilada recipe!!! Love it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >