- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to pan.
- Stir in the chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted.
- Combine chicken and 3/4 cup sauce. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 enchiladas.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
Very good...I doubled all the ingredients and substituted cumin for the coriander.
This was yummy!!! I even forgot to get coriander at the store and made it without it. Can't wait to see what kind of flavor it adds! Yummy! I got a roisterer chicken at the store for the chopped cooked chicken.
Delicious! I double the recipe for a 9X 13 pan.
I added some chopped jalapenos as we like dishes a bit spicy. I really thought it was easy though and will certainly make it again.
This recipe is easy, filling, delicious and one I'll always hang onto!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >