Tender chicken breasts on top of hearty chili and rice make for a filling and frugal meal-in-one that's only 85¢ a serving. "Choose mild or hot chili to suit your family's taste," suggests Kathy Duke of Anchorage, Alaska.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium heat on both sides. Spread rice in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the chili and taco seasoning; spoon over the rice. Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with cheese slices. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Chicken 'N' Rice in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili Chicken 'N' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2010
"My husband loved the chicken but said the rice and chili just did not taste good together at all. This is a good idea though if you are on a low budget."