Tender chicken breasts on top of hearty chili and rice make for a filling and frugal meal-in-one that's only 85¢ a serving. "Choose mild or hot chili to suit your family's taste," suggests Kathy Duke of Anchorage, Alaska.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium heat on both sides. Spread rice in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the chili and taco seasoning; spoon over the rice. Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with cheese slices. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Chicken 'N' Rice in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili Chicken 'N' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2010
"My husband loved the chicken but said the rice and chili just did not taste good together at all. This is a good idea though if you are on a low budget."