Michael Dobrowski of Reno, Nevada notes, "For busy days, I keep convenient pantry items on hand to spice up chicken breasts. While they bake, I can do other things. With a green salad and French bread, this makes a hearty meal my family enjoys."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- Place chicken in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spoon chili over each chicken breast; bake 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese; return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p10
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review