Chili Cheese Turnovers
In Hemet, California, Margaret Wilson serves these stuffed pockets with a creamy dipping sauce. "They're a great grab-and-go lunch or even a hearty late-night snack," she writes. Using tubes of refrigerated dough keeps the preparation quick.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min,
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- On a lightly floured surface, press pizza dough into two 12-inch
- squares. Cut each into four 6-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chili and beans. Spoon 1/2 cup
- in the center of each square. Fold dough diagonally over filling;
- press edges to seal.
- Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 425° for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes and sour cream. Serve
- with turnovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 412 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,249 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.