Chili Cheese Toast
"A friend brought these savory snacks to lunch one day, and they've been a staple in our house ever since," says Alberta Frey of Shingletown, California. "The cheese-topped toast is great with a bowl of soup or chili, or served along side a salad.
3-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the chilies and mayonnaise. Spread over each slice
- of bread. Top each with a cheese slice. Broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3-6 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.