Chili Cheese Toast Recipe
"A friend brought these savory snacks to lunch one day, and they've been a staple in our house ever since," says Alberta Frey of Shingletown, California. "The cheese-topped toast is great with a bowl of soup or chili, or served along side a salad.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the chilies and mayonnaise. Spread over each slice of bread. Top each with a cheese slice. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3-6 servings.
Originally published as Chili Cheese Toast in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Toast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >