Chili Cheese Tidbits
"When I had three active teenagers at home, I heard, 'Mom, what's for a snack?' 365 days a year," recalls field editor Karen Ann Bland from Gove, Kansas. "We all love spicy finger foods, and this recipe fills the bill."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Triscuits or other crackers
- Spread chilies onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Pour eggs over chilies; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool
- slightly; cut into squares and serve on crackers. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 87 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.