"When I fix this flavorful appetizer, I have to keep an eye out for sneaky fingers," informs Rachel Nash from Pascagoula, Mississippi. "My family just can't resist sampling the cheesy wedges. They're delicious topped with salsa and sour cream."
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salsa and sour cream
- Place one sheet of pie pastry on an ungreased pizza pan or baking sheet. Sprinkle chilies and cheeses over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining pastry; seal edges and prick top with a fork.
- Sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Chili Cheese Tart in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p56
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review