From Lynette Clement of Grand Junction, Colorado, this full-of-zip spread's sure to be the star of any New Year's gathering! It can also easily be formed into alternate shapes for serving at other festive timesan egg for Easter, a leaf for fall, etc.Lynette Clement, Grand Junction, Colorado
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, divided
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat cheeses and horseradish until smooth. Add
- chilies. Set aside 1 tablespoon pimientos for garnish; add remainder
- to cheese mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour. Form into a star
- shape on a serving platter; press pecans onto sides of star. Outline
- star with pimientos. Cover and chill until serving. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.