From Lynette Clement of Grand Junction, Colorado, this full-of-zip spread's sure to be the star of any New Year's gathering! It can also easily be formed into alternate shapes for serving at other festive times—an egg for Easter, a leaf for fall, etc.—Lynette Clement, Grand Junction, Colorado
Featured In: 30 Appetizer Recipes Ready in 15 Minutes
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat cheeses and horseradish until smooth. Add chilies. Set aside 1 tablespoon pimientos for garnish; add remainder to cheese mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour. Form into a star shape on a serving platter; press pecans onto sides of star. Outline star with pimientos. Cover and chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Spread in Country Woman January/February 1997, p10
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review