Chili-Cheese Spoon Bread Recipe
Patricia Barkman's versatile casserole can serve as a snappy side dish or a meatless meal with mass appeal. "My father raves about it," she notes from Riverton, Manitoba.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg substitute and egg. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 213 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Spoon Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC