Chili Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 jar (16 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and carrots in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard, paprika and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in chilies and Liquid Smoke if desired. Stir in cheese sauce until melted. Yield: 10 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup: 294 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1107mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Chili Cheese Soup
"This is a perfect rainy day soup"
"My husband and I really did not like this soup.Thank you for posting - nothing ventured-nothing learned. :)"