Chili Cheese Snacks
I've been collecting appetizer recipes for more than 20 years and have a host of tasty treats. These handheld morsels are perfect for parties because they allow folks to walk around and mingle. —Carol Nelson, Cool, California
26 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the cheddar cheese, chilies,
- olives, onion and hot pepper sauce. Separate each tube of crescent
- dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal.
- Spread cheese mixture over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting
- with a long side. Cut each roll into 10 slices; place on greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 80 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 63 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.