Chili-Cheese Rice Frittata Recipe
You don't need to fuss with a crust when you fix this hearty breakfast bake that makes the most of leftover rice. "It's pretty, tasty and always get raves," writes Betty Archibald of Boise, Idaho.
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Picante sauce or salsa
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the green pepper and onions in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, cheese, tomato and chilies. in a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir into the rice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges; serve with picante sauce or salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Rice Frittata in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Rice Frittata(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2011
I like this ok, but my family didn't. My husband said that I have made better egg dishes. I think the canned green chilies may be what he he didn't like about it.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >