- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Picante sauce or salsa
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the green pepper and onions in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, cheese, tomato and chilies. in a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir into the rice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges; serve with picante sauce or salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Rice Frittata
"I thought this was real good. I used brown rice and left out the tomatoes. My husband dose not like tomatoes. I would have left them in."
"I like this ok, but my family didn't. My husband said that I have made better egg dishes. I think the canned green chilies may be what he he didn't like about it."