Chili-Cheese Rice Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, chilies, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and rice.
- 3. Transfer rice mixture to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter, 1% cottage cheese, reduced-fat ricotta cheese and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 373 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.