Rich and satisfying, this easy side from Cathlene Willis of Rigby, Idaho is sheer comfort. "On occasion, I top it with canned onions or crumbled potato chips before baking," she notes.
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, chilies, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and rice.
- Transfer rice mixture to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Rice Bake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p31
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review