Chili Cheese Puff Recipe
I found this recipe on a trip to Southern California. Since then, this versatile dish has become one of my family's favorites. I serve it as a special breakfast, for brunch or even Sunday night supper. Sausage or ham goes well with this snappy dish...and don't forget some corn muffins!
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in next five ingredients. Add green chilies. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 249 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Puff
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC