Chili-Cheese Mashed Potatoes
In Corpus Christi, Texas, Peter Halferty jazzes up instant mashed potatoes with garlic, green chilies and cheese to create this speedy side dish. "It's really tasty and really quick," he assures.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk and salt to a boil. Add
- the butter, garlic, potato flakes and chilies; stir until thickened.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.