Chili Cheese Grits
This zesty dish is a real crowd-pleaser. It's great as a side dish and can also be served as a cold appetizer.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, salt and garlic to a boil; slowly
- stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Add butter, 1 cup cheese and
- chilies; stir until butter melts. Beat eggs and milk; add to the
- grits and mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 358 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry