- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, salt and garlic to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add butter, 1 cup cheese and chilies; stir until butter melts. Beat eggs and milk; add to the grits and mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Grits
Sort By :
These are delicious! I feed the homeless every week and had some green chili sausage that I served over the grits. It was Yummy and I know the homeless loved these homey, creamy grits!!
@Hotfoot4047: Grits are very similar to polenta.
Delicious! I've made this dish several times. The only change I make is to add an extra clove of garlic.
PS - this recipe sounds good! I have already printed it off!
For Hotfoot - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits
Do you have something like cream of wheat? Somewhat similar, but a larger texture to the pieces. I had my first grits when I moved to TX back in 1976. I grew to love them!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cajun Appetizers >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Appetizers >