Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese, onion and jalapeno. Place 1/4 cup chili mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
1 egg roll (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 284 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.