- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese, onion and jalapeno. Place 1/4 cup chili mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls
"it tastes amazing"
"I used my left over homemade chili and left out the jalapeno. My grand kids went wild over these egg rolls...my eldest grand daughter is now 6 months pregnant and this is her favorite recipe, she claims the baby keeps asking for more...I love that is easy to prepare and so delicious to eat..."
"Super fast to put together. Family loved them."
"Super easy and great with guac!"