- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese, onion and jalapeno. Place 1/4 cup chili mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p41
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012
"Super fast to put together. Family loved them."
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"Super easy and great with guac!"